Microneedling is one of the least invasive skin care treatments with little downtime and instant results. Microneedling is used to treat any skin care condition from acne scarring, wrinkles, hair loss and much more. After microneedling it is important to realize your skin will look and feel like a sunburn due to the micro-wounds caused to the skin. Follow these tips and instructions for a smooth recovery process:
After Care Instructions
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 72 hours
- Gently cleanse the area with tepid water and pat dry
- Use hydrating moisturizer/Sunscreen
- No makeup for at least 24 hours
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 72 hours
- No tanning beds
- No “active” skincare products (ex: retinol, salicylic and lactic acid and so on.)
What To Expect
- Your skin will look like it has a mild to moderate sunburn and may be warmer and tighter than usual. This should go away within 24-48 hours after the treatment.
- You may notice exfoliation or peeling, that is completely normal, please do not pick off the peeling skin.
- Stay away from the sun as much as possible
- You will see final result in 7-10 days